Your company spent months developing a new product to offer to its customers. Now, it’s time to spread the word and start monetizing your efforts.
And one of the best strategies for this is to create an email marketing strategy for product launch. In practice, this type of email is nothing more than a message that you will send to announce your newest solution to your leads .
However, just announcing something new may not be enough. Therefore, it is necessary to create strategies to arouse the public’s curiosity, generating expectation and increasing the hype around what is to come.
In this post, check out 3 steps to create an email marketing campaign for product launch and see how your company can have great results . Follow up!
Table of Contents
Email marketing for product launch: what to know before starting?
As we said, a product launch email needs to be able to create expectations among the audience – and keep them high until the big moment. For that, your message needs to raise a series of questions and put the flea behind users’ ears.
Therefore, from the subject line to the body text of the email, through the header and the images used, all these elements need to be thought of in order to increase the interests of your subscribers – we will see how to do this later.
Keep in mind that the objective of a product launch email marketing campaign should make users ask the following questions:
- What product is this?
- How can he help me?
- What are your differentiators?
- How do I purchase it?
How to create an effective product launch email marketing campaign?
It is not a simple email announcing a new product . Many aspects of this strategy need to be thought through to create a campaign that is successful and brings the results expected by the company.
It is important not to deliver everything at once. It is interesting to “provoke” subscribers little by little, in order to keep them interested and get as many conversions as possible at the end of the process. Therefore, your email marketing strategy for product launch can be divided into three stages. Are they:
1. Arouse curiosity
Before sending an email announcing a new product and waiting for customers to knock on your company’s door, some prior actions are recommended:
- Send a survey to your customer base to ascertain their interest in the key features of your new product. Based on the responses, you can tailor your message to generate more interest.
- Create a landing page to collect the email addresses of people interested in your new product, and to validate your ideas along the way.
- Use reports and reviews provided by your test group to adapt your strategy and make it more attractive for launch.
As we could see, this first step is important to learn more about your customers and, thus, develop a product better suited to their needs. If you’re secretly creating a new solution, this step is critical to start generating buzz, attracting people’s attention and interest.
See the example of a well-known and successful case of email marketing for a product launch by the North American company Litmus. “Something big is coming,” the message highlights :
2. Keep the suspense
Once you’ve completed the initial preparation phase, it’s time to send a message to your email marketing list . But beware: this is not the final email yet. Rather than promoting your new product, this step is intended to build anticipation with customers and make the launch gain traction. Here, there are two types of email you can send:
- Share What’s New: Give subscribers small previews of the new product and encourage them to share what’s new on social media with others who might be interested. To be more efficient, you can offer discounts, exclusive gifts or even the possibility of accessing the new product before the official launch.
- Pitch curiosity: As launch approaches, send a “coming soon!” email notifying users of what’s to come. This helps to hold your leads’ attention even more and make them more curious and anxious.
This second stage of the email marketing strategy for product launches is essential for the campaign to gain strength, generating the necessary anticipation not only among your base, but also among potential new customers.
In the Litmus example, they chose to show the new layout of the tool they develop and highlight the new features . At the bottom of the message, they used positive reports from people who had already had the opportunity to use the new product .
We have reached the last stage of the email marketing campaign for product launch. If the preparation and suspense stage were done well, your company was able to generate curiosity and expectation and hold the attention of interested users. Now, it’s time to send an email to reveal the news and make the solution available. And here are some tips to make your message more effective:
- Subject line: no matter how well you’ve worked so far, no one will know your company is launching a new product if your emails aren’t opened. To improve your open rate , it’s important to come up with different subject lines and choose the one that sounds most effective. A/B tests can be done to support the decision on hard data.
- Images: whether to demonstrate new software features or to highlight the design of a physical product, images are important to arouse the user’s desire to purchase. But remember: never send a product launch marketing email with only images!
- Brand: Your company has invested a lot of time and effort into building a trusting relationship with your leads. Therefore, it is important that the campaign for the launch of the new product remains aligned with the brand’s identity and follows the same tone used until then to communicate with users .
- Call to action: often, generating expectation and showing good arguments may not be enough to convince a person to buy your product. Therefore, it is necessary to think of catchy CTAs that create a sense of urgency in the user. This can be done through special offers for those who received the email, discounts for a time or limited number of units.
In the third email, Litmus finally revealed the new tool to users. Interesting to note that the company split the message into two clear parts. At the top, a link to a video tutorial was aimed at users who were ready to convert.
On the other hand, at the bottom, a second part of the email provided details about the tool’s features and was aimed at undecided leads.
Is it worth investing in email marketing for product launches?
Now that you know how to create an email marketing campaign for a product launch, the question remains: is it worth investing in this strategy ? The answer is yes. In a competitive market, email marketing allows companies from all industries to communicate effectively with their customers, helping to increase engagement, improve sales and consolidate their position in the market .
And if you want to make your strategy focused on sending emails even more effective, be sure to also hire marketing automation software .