5 Things to Consider Before Buying a Leather Sofa in Toronto
Are you planning to buy an Italian leather sofa in Toronto? Leather sofas effortlessly combine comfort and style, but that’s not all. They are also known for their durability and ease of maintenance.
So, if you are looking for a classic Italian leather sofa, here’s how to buy the right one for your space.
What to Know Before Buying an Italian Leather Sofa in Toronto
With so many Italian leather sofas available, purchasing the right one for your home can be a challenge. Indeed, there are many considerations, such as the design of the room, your comfort, and the durability of the leather. Here are a few things to consider before you buy a leather sofa:
Know the Quality of the Leather
The first and most important thing to check when buying leather furniture is the quality of the leather. Some of the best types of sofa leather include:
- Full Grain Leather: This is the best quality of leather, made from the top layer of cowhide. In addition to being the most durable type, it also gives the sofa a unique appearance. You can easily notice its clear natural marks and textures.
- Top Grain Leather: This is another great option. Top grain leather is derived from the outermost layer of hide. Despite being less expensive than full grain leather, it is no less durable and attractive.
- Pigmented Leather: As the name suggests, pigmented leather has a finish coat of pigmented dye. Besides giving it the colour, it acts as a protective layer and makes the leather more durable.
- Aniline Leather: This leather comes without any pigment coating, giving it a more natural look. The finish is rather transparent, which allows the grain surface to be visible through the finish.
- Semi-Aniline Leather: Compared to aniline leather, this leather is more long-lasting and slightly pigmented.
Measure the Space
Your sofa should not be too small or large for your living space. If you have limited space or lower ceilings, a two-seat sofa is ideal. On the other hand, a three-seater with a higher back would look best in a large room with high ceilings.
Sectional sofas are also a good choice for medium and large living rooms. They provide enough seating space for everyone to sit next to each other.
Know Your Room Style
The leather sofa you select should complement all the elements in the room. If you have modern decor, you can choose a sofa that goes well with the wall colour. White, grey and beige are the preferred colours for leather sofas in modern living rooms. For a traditional living space, any elegant beige or brown leather sofa is a great option.
Consider Your Comfort
Your leather sofa should be comfortable. The depth of the seat, in particular, should be of standard size. Calculate the average height of your family members to find out whether a deep or shallow seat would be best. Or simply consult an expert at any leading furniture store in Toronto to help you make an informed choice.
If you prefer lying down or curling up instead of sitting upright, a deep sofa would be ideal. You can lie down on the sofa and see if you feel comfortable before purchasing it.
Sunlight damages leather. No matter what quality of leather your sofa has, regular exposure to direct sunlight will eventually dry and fade the leather. That is why it is highly recommended that you place your leather sofa away from direct sunlight. If you cannot adjust the position, consider keeping them shaded by installing blinds or shades on your windows.
Whether you choose a leather recliner set, a loveseat or a three-seat sofa, investing in leather furniture requires careful planning. Consider these aspects the next time you shop for your leather sofa. With these tips, you will surely find it easy to purchase the right one to add luxury to your living space. So, what are you waiting for? Shop online or visit your nearest furniture store and select the sofa of your dreams!